Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Big News!!!!!!

9/28/10 (4 weeks and 5 days)

Today we found out that we are having a baby! I am so thrilled and shocked and terrified all at the same time. We are keeping this news to ourselves for a while but I wanted to keep track of what I am feeling both physically and emotionally.

We decided that we were ready to start trying about 6 weeks ago, we have been thinking long and hard about it for about a year though. Neither one of us were expecting things to happen this quickly however. We will keep that in mind though when we try for a second.

So many of the books you read talk about some women just know. I took that with a huge grain of salt, but I just did. I knew something was different almost right away. Now I am not saying that I knew the moment of conception but I knew about 10 days before my expected period. I took 2 pregnancy tests and they both came back negative. I decided to see if things were late before I would test again.

Saturday the 25th I woke up feeling like I was going to get my period any second. I was surprised how disappointed that I felt, I mean we had just barely started trying. We had already made plans to go to Colorado Springs to visit Charlie and Diane (Kirk's dad and step-mom). I thought this would be a great distraction. I was so convinced in fact of not being pregnant that I had 3 glasses of wine that night with dinner. Then after dinner I got really cold and no one else in the room seemed to feel it. The cold combined with some other unusual symptons I began to really suspect that I actually was pregnant. I somehow made it through the rest of the trip. I decided I wanted to hold off testing for a few more days. I just didn't want to see that negative. I made it through work Monday and Tuesday but went straight to the drugstore after work on Tuesday.

I went home and tested right away! I stood over it and waited thinking it would take the full 2 minutes, but no almost immediately a second line appeared. We decided to use a fancy digital one next but I needed to drink some water first. So after dinner round 2 and unmistakeably "pregnant" appeared in the window.

I am so excited and nervous! I am having a very hard time keeping this to myself at the moment but if something goes wrong then I don't want to have to tell a million people. Plus I am already fantasizing about sonogram pictures on the Christmas card ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment