Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Routine... or lack there of

I cannot believe that it has been since April that I have blogged. Every week I have the intention of updating and then I get lazy or life gets in the way. The biggest change in the last six months is my job.

I got a promotion! Wahoo!

How I got it however was not so great and made the whole transition very stressful and draining. My boss was very unexpectedly let go and after some thought by myself and another co-worker we presented a re-organization of the production department. And they went for it. In many ways it is just what I have been hoping for; regular work hours, less nights and weekends, and less lifting heavy things and running around. I was definitely beginning to feel the job after 9 years.

And of course like all things when you actually get what you want it can be a bit of a let down. Now don't get me wrong I am loving the new job and relishing in being challenged again after years of being in the exact same roll. Here is the thing though, I am a creature of habit. Years of wishing for a normal routine meant I didn't notice how much of a routine my crazy schedule had become for me. So yes I now know when I go to work and when I will get home and all of the reasons why I wanted that still apply. I just don't go shopping on Tuesday mornings anymore and my weekend is truly a weekend which I have found makes it harder for me to do all of the chores since I want it to be about the fun stuff.

I know that I will figure it all out and get on track after just a few more months, it's just that the type A person inside of me feels like I am just not on top of it all at the moment. I had taken for granted that fact that because I could my job with my eyes closed, I could spend lots of time on things at home. Now that work is challenging me again I have less motivation at home. I know it's all about the balance and I will find it again.

So hopefully I will get back into the blogging (although the 101 in 1001 maybe totally shot). I have a huge amount of pictures to post.

So here is to the return of routine in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment