Saturday, March 27, 2010

Magical

So I was wandering through the store the other day and I saw this for sale and on a whim I grabbed it. When I was a little girl I love Disney movies. I still remember my mom and I heading to the theater to see "Beauty and the Beast" and it was such a magical moment. I own all the classics and when I am feeling nostalgic I will watch "Cinderella", "Sleeping Beauty" or "Beauty and the Beast"(which is still my favorite by the way). I have been a little saddened in the recent years to see nothing but computer animated Pixar movies coming out. Don't get me wrong those are great movies and I saw "Up" and loved it. But there is nothing quite like seeing a hand drawn animated musical.

I had heard about "The Princess and the Frog" and I was pleased and somewhat intrigued that it was going to be a traditional Disney movie. I didn't however go to see it. I did decide to pick it up and this morning as the hubby slept in, I watched it. I have to say that I am in love. It totally took me back my childhood. When the hubby did finally wake up he found me laughing out loud on the couch.

I will also admit that I had visions of future kiddos in my head too. The hubby is from New Orleans so the idea that the movie has the street cars, the beautiful houses, the music, the french quarter, gumbo and of course the best part, beignets! I can already see the kids loving it because it has so much of what they will grow up with on visits to the family.

Overall I loved and am very pleased that I added it to our video library!

No comments:

Post a Comment